Beschreibung des Angebots
Learn from research and practice, understand the causes of violent conflicts, contribute to peace.
The MAS in Civilian Peacebuilding program aims at understanding how civilian peacebuilding can transform violent conflicts by using peaceful means, promoting peace, rebuilding societies affected by war and preventing violence from re-emerging. This MAS program bridges academic findings with current insights from peacebuilding practice.
- Understand latest academic findings on violent conflict and conflict prevention
- Peacebuilding and mediation skills training
- Learn how to design and support peacebuilding programs
- Exchange experiences and become part of a community of practice
Aufbau der Ausbildung
In addition to the framework courses, MAS participants select three out of the four CAS programs offered:
- CAS Civilian Peacebuilding Essentials
- CAS Civilian Peacebuilding Specializations
- CAS Civilian Peacebuilding Methodologies
- CAS Religion & Konflikt (only offered in German)
For more information take a look at our program framework.
Course methodologies include expert inputs, peer exchange, skills training, case studies, structured reflection, simulation exercises and self-study.
Successful participants are awarded a Master of Advanced Studies in Civilian Peacebuilding (60 ECTS) offered by swisspeace and the University of Basel.
These postgraduate programs are designed for professionals interested in combining current academic insights and practical knowledge in peace and conflict studies.
A minimum of two years of professional experience in a relevant field and a university degree (minimum BA), or an equivalent educational background, are required.
Tuition fee: CHF 29'800.-
Travel, food and accommodation costs are not included in the fee and must be covered by the participants.
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (inkl. MBA, EMBA)
Master of Advanced Studies in Civilian Peacebuilding, University of Basel
Ort / Adresse
- Basel (BS)
at any time of the year
The MAS program runs from September to August.
Auskünfte / Kontakt
DIRECTOR OF STUDIES:
Prof. Dr. Laurent Goetschel
University of Basel and Director of swisspeace
MA, Head of Training, swisspeace
Tel. +41 31 330 12 12
Der Studiengang ist Teil der Advanced Studies, der berufsbegleitenden Weiterbildung der Universität Basel.