Zum Titel springen

Working and learning in Switzerland for foreigners

A Swiss permit is required for employment or education in the country. Having your diploma recognised can be useful.

Foreigners who want to work or train in Switzerland need to have certain things like a valid travel document that Switzerland recognizes, a permit to stay, and a visa depending on their nationality. Switzerland distinguishes between residence permits for citizens of EU/EFTA countries and residence permits for other nationals.

Whether a profession is to be pursued or training or further education is being sought, a process for recognising a foreign diploma can be helpful. Depending on the profession and educational level, different authorities in Switzerland are in charge of recognising qualifications.

Living and working in Switzerland
Getting an education in Switzerland: Procedure
Recognition of foreign diplomas