Beschreibung des Angebots
The DAS in Civilian Peacebuilding program provides a holistic understanding of civilian peacebuilding aimed at transforming violent conflict by peaceful means, promoting peace, rebuilding societies affected by war and preventing violence from re-erupting. This postgraduate DAS program bridges current academic findings with the latest insights from peacebuilding practice in the fields of:
- Understand latest academic findings on violoent conflict and conflict prevention
- Peacebuilding and mediation skills training
- Lean how to design and support peacebuilding programs
- Exchange experiences and become part of a community of practice
Aufbau der Ausbildung
The DAS is made up of two Certificates in Advanced Studies (CAS) in Civilian Peacebuilding, an online academic writing course and a final thesis. Participants specialize in topics of their choice and complete the program trough an individually tailored timeframe to bring their credit total to 30 ECTS. They can select from different topical and methodological courses that are part of the following programs:
- CAS in Civilian Peacebuilding Essentials, 18 ECTS
- CAS in Civilian Peacebuilding Specializations, 16 ECTS
- CAS in Civilian Peacebuilding Methodologies, 15 ECTS
- CAS Religion & Conflict, 15 ECTS
Individual modules can be taken as stand-alone courses by non-DAS participants. For more information take a look at our program framework.
These postgraduate programs are designed for practitioners and academics interested in bridging their own experiences with current academic insights and practical knowledge in peace and conflict studies.
A minimum of two years of professional experience in relevant fields and a university degree (minimum BA), or an equivalent educational background, and proficiency in English are required.
Travel, food and accommodation costs are not included in the fee and must be covered by the participants.
- Diploma of Advanced Studies DAS
Diploma of Advanced Studies in Civilian Peacebuilding, University of Basel
Ort / Adresse
- Basel (BS)
Auskünfte / Kontakt
CH-3000 Bern 7
Tel. +41 31 330 12 12
Der Studiengang ist Teil der Advanced Studies, der berufsbegleitenden Weiterbildung der Universität Basel.