Beschreibung des Angebots
The international art market has developed dramatically in recent years. This highly competitive job market requires specific qualifications. Galleries, auction houses, insurance companies and banks are among the enterprises that are in search of art market specialists with the appropriate expertise.
The Executive Master in Art Market Studies equips participants with the professional and innovative skills needed to master the challenges of today’s art market. It promotes entrepreneurial thinking and fosters an ethical approach to the art market. Program participants benefit from Switzerland’s outstanding network of research institutions, art market specialists, and professionals. Modules will be conducted by international university professors and highly qualified professionals from the art market. Also comprising part of the curriculum are courses in art connoisseurship, law, marketing and management.
The unique integrative and interdisciplinary program is structured in three major areas:
- History of Art and Connoisseurship
- Art Law and Ethics
- Art Valuation, Management & Marketing
Modules: all mandatory modules; minimum 1 team project or management; minimum 2 workshops; Executive Master Thesis
- learn about marketing strategies used by artists and their workshops in modern history and apply them to today’s art market
- develop their knowledge of the history, materials and production processes of fine and applied arts
- evaluate artwork and use the latest art market analytical tools;
- understand art market regulations and tax optimization strategies
- learn to synthesize and analyze processes that are critical to small and mediumsized businesses, and to develop innovative marketing solutions for galleries and auction houses
- develop leadership and decision-making abilities.
- University Degree
- Professional experience
Primarily university graduates who are currently active in the art market or who intend to be.
CHF 28'000.- incl. registration, exam fees and course materials. Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (inkl. MBA, EMBA)
Executive Master UZH in Art Market Studies
Ort / Adresse
- Zürich (ZH)
University of Zurich and partner institutions in Zurich, Switzerland and abroad
Courses will be held on Fridays and Saturdays. Workshops and visits abroad will be organized. Internships will be possible.
BemerkungenRegistration until May
Auskünfte / Kontakt