Advanced Machine Learning
Universität Bern UNIBE > Weiterbildung
Zu myBerufswahl hinzugefügt
Beschreibung des Angebots
In many disciplines, the amount of available data and the computing capacity are growing rapidly. This enables the application of machine learning methods on tasks previously being reserved for humans. Trained machines outperform homo sapiens in more and more cognitive tasks. As with other disruptive technology emergences, the resulting automation potential represents a huge benefit for the human society, but also comes with new challenges and risks.
The CAS is structured in six modules:
- Review of machine learning, practical methodology and applications (block)
- Deep networks (block)
- Deep learning research (block Mallorca)
- Selected topics on machine learning (Seminar)
- Philosophy and Ethics of extended cognition and artificial intelligence (Lectures and Seminars)
- Elective module (block)
- Project Work
Scope: 16 ECTS
The graduates will (be able to):
- design, tune, train and measure performance of neural networks with advanced deep learning libraries
- understand the inner mechanisms of neural networks during training
- familiar with active research in machine learning
- understand and communicate scientific publications on machine learning and artificial intelligence
- familiar with the philosophy and ethics of extended andartificial intelligence
- familiar with one or more applied machine learning domains, the main mathematical methods for data science and machine learning or basic entrepreneurship (elective module)
- university degree
- basic knowledge of mathematics, statistics, programming, machine learning and professional or research experience in the field of data analysis. The required basic knowledge is based on the level of an introductory lecture as part of an undergraduate master’s degree. The program management specifies these requirements.
Exceptions to the admission requirements can be approved by the program management “sur Dossier”. For people without a university degree, they can impose additional requirements for admission to ensure that they can successfully complete the course.
Aimed at students and professionals from the public and private sector that hold a degree from a university or a university of applied sciences (e.g. BSc, MSc, PhD).
CHF 9'600.- (incl. full pension hotel in Mallorca)
Employees and students of the university of Bern: CHF 5'600.-
- Certificate of Advanced Studies CAS
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Advanced Machine Learning, University of Bern
Ort / Adresse
- Bern (BE)
Autumn School in Mallorca, Spain
University of Bern
(18 course days, given in blocks and on Friday afternoons)
Interested parties who only want to take part in individual modules can be admitted, provided that there are free course places.