Beschreibung des Angebots
The focus of the CAS Shaping Europe lies in reevaluating current policy developments of the EU. The program focuses on global research on Europe in the fields of law, economy and society. It will provide prospective students with advance knowledge in the following fields:
- The Legal Foundations of the EU
- A State-of-the-Art Report on EU Law Developments
- Environmental Policy in the EU
- Common Foreign and Security Policy
- Current Hotspots of European Security
- Defining Europe’s Borders
- Between Cooperation and Competition. Industrial Policies in the EU
- Unemployment and Labor Market Policies in the EU
- European Immigration Regime Issues
The CAS Shaping Europe is one out of five CAS offered by the Institute of European Global Studies, counting towards the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in European and Global Governance. The program focuses on global research on Europe in the fields of law, economy and society.
This study program is aimed at candidates seeking to undertake further training in the field of European and Global Governance. The study program is especially relevant for those who want to prepare or gain further qualification for positions in institutions of the EU or the UNO, in international and civil society organizations, in public administration, in the private sector, or in corporate or political consulting.
To be admitted to the study program, candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- University degree on a Master’s level or proof of equivalent education
- Bachelor’s degree including relevant work experience in politics, administration, the
economic sector or with NGOs (ideally several years)
- High command of English (spoken and written)
In some exceptional cases, candidates may also be admitted to the program if they can demonstrate a relevant career progression as well as further education or training in the field.
Link zur Zulassung
Application deadline: 31 July 2016
- Certificate of Advanced Studies CAS
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Shaping Europe. Legal, Economic and Political Factors, University of Basel
Ort / Adresse
- Basel (BS)
10 - 22 October 2016
A three weeks block course and additional e-lectures
Auskünfte / Kontakt
Study Program Coordinator MAS
Institute for European Global Studies of the University of Basel
Gellertstrasse 27, P.O. Box
Tel.: +41 61 317 97 68
Der Studiengang ist Teil der Advanced Studies, der berufsbegleitenden Weiterbildung der Universität Basel.