Beschreibung des Angebots
The recent Euro-Zone crisis shed light on many challenges the E.U. is about to face during the next decades. In order to better understand prospective developments, the CAS Europe 2050 will address the European Model from its legal, economical and societal foundations. The course offers advanced knowledge and insights into global research on Europe in the fields of law, economy and society.
The CAS Europe 2050 consists of courses in the following topics and fields:
- Shifting Balances of Power. Effects of the Euro-Zone Crisis
- Regional Integration and the EU as a Role Model? The Russian and Chinese Challenges
- Global Ageing and the "Old" Continent
- The Present and Future of the European Debt Management
- Food and Agriculture. Europe as a Global Actor
- Energy Policy
- Cohesion and Competitiveness in the Enlarged EU
- A Risk Analysis of Europe
- Fortress Europe
- Europe as a Community of Shared Values?
The CAS Europe 2050 is one out of five CAS offered by the Institute of European Global Studies, counting towards the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in European and Global Governance. The program focuses on global research on Europe in the fields of law, economy and society.
Aufbau der Ausbildung
A two weeks block course and additional e-lectures
This study program is aimed at candidates seeking to undertake further training in the field of European and Global Governance. The study program is especially relevant for those who want to prepare or gain further qualification for positions in institutions of the EU or the UNO, in international and civil society organizations, in public administration, in the private sector, or in corporate or political consulting.
To be admitted to the study program, candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- University degree on a Master’s level or proof of equivalent education
- Bachelor’s degree including relevant work experience in politics, administration, the
economic sector or with NGOs (ideally several years)
- High command of English (spoken and written)
In some exceptional cases, candidates may also be admitted to the program if they can demonstrate a relevant career progression as well as further education or training in the field.
Link zur Zulassung
- Certificate of Advanced Studies CAS
Certificate of Advanced Studies Europe 2050 – Trends and Challenges, University of Basel
Ort / Adresse
- Basel (BS)
Auskünfte / Kontakt
Study Program Coordinator MAS
Institute for European Global Studies of the University of Basel
Gellertstrasse 27, P.O. Box
Tel.: +41 61 317 97 68
Der Studiengang ist Teil der Advanced Studies, der berufsbegleitenden Weiterbildung der Universität Basel.